Circle of Friends FAQs
We’ve put together this FAQs resource to help Circle of Friends families navigate through this season. These are some of the most frequently asked questions we receive. If you have a question about something that is not covered here or elsewhere on our website, please do not hesitate to email and we will respond as soon as possible. Please also see our preschool safety page for additional information.
Q: It’s my child’s birthday, can I bring in a special treat?
A: Yes, please make sure that you communicate with your child’s teacher to sign up for a day to bring that special treat. Also, all treats must be store bought, individually wrapped, and nut free (this includes any M&M products). No items prepared at home may be brought for safety reasons.
Q: If I am going to be late to drop off or pick up, what do I do?
A: If you are going to be more than 10 minutes late, please park in the lot behind the playground off Woods Mill Rd, call us at 636-394-6867, and a staff member will bring your child to your vehicle, or get them out of your vehicle after taking their temperature.
Q: If I am going to pick up my child early, what should I do?
A: First make sure your child’s teacher is informed. When it is time to pick up your child, please park in the parking lot behind the playground off Woods Mill Rd, call us at 636-394-6867, and we will bring your child directly to your vehicle.
Q: It’s cold outside and my child needs to have their coat. Do I just pack it or put them in it?
A: Absolutely bring weather appropriate clothing. We ask that you do not buckle your child in the car with their winter coats because this can be potentially dangerous and is not recommended by the American Academy of Pediatrics. It can also cause your child to overheat. When this happens, their temperatures will spike and you may have to wait with your child until their temperature can read below 100.4.
Q: At what temperature do you send a child home?
A: If a child’s temperature is 100.4F or higher, they will be sent home and cannot return unless they are fever free for at least 48 hours and have no other symptoms. The child must have approval from the director before returning.
Q: Is there a screening process for staff each day they are at school?
A: Yes. All of our staff members complete a Covid-19 screening each morning they are present at school.
Q: What is your sick policy?
A: If your child appears to be ill, they should be kept at home until well. A child will not be admitted to preschool if they:
- are unable to participate in group care
- have had a fever over 100.4F within the last 48 hours
- have had vomiting/diarrhea within the last 48 hours
- have had a bad cold or dry hacking cough
- have an undiagnosed rash; in the case of chicken pox – if scabs are still raw
- have an earache or bad nasal discharge
- have red/pink eyes with drainage or crusting
- have pediculosis (head lice) and may return when no nits (eggs) are present
- if your child has been diagnosed with Strep throat they may return after 48 hours of antibiotic treatment
Q: When should I keep my child home due to Covid-19?
A: If the answer to any of the below 5 questions is “yes”, please keep your child home from preschool and contact the Director immediately to discuss next steps. Depending on the circumstances, your child and/or household may need to obtain a Covid test and/or quarantine at home for 10 days before your child is permitted to return to Circle of Friends Preschool.
- Has anyone in your household been diagnosed with Covid-19 within the past 10 days?
- Within the last 10 days, has your child been in a space with 20 or more people (including airplanes, trains and/or buses) AND, while there, were they within 6 feet of someone outside of your household (or Covid circle) for 15 minutes or longer?
- Has anyone in your household experienced the onset of any of these symptoms within the last 10 days? Fever of 100.4 or higher, persistent sore throat, persistent difficulty breathing, persistent pain or pressure in chest, persistent coughing or loss of taste or smell?
- Within the last 10 days, has your child been in close contact (within 6 feet for 15 minutes or more) with someone known to have COVID-19 or who has shown COVID-19 symptoms?
- Have you been told by a public official or anyone else within the last 10 days that your child may have been exposed to COVID-19 or that they should quarantine?
Q: What school schedule does the preschool follow?
A: In past years, we typically follow Parkway School District for holidays, days closed, snow days and late starts. Due to Covid-19, we are making scheduling decisions based on what is best for the preschool and church community. Changes to the schedule are communicated to families as soon as they are known.
Q: Does my child need to wear a mask?
A: Children in our 4/5s classes should bring their own mask so they may be worn when they are in close proximity of each other or when they are walking down the halls of the preschool. Younger children are not required to bring or wear masks, but families may send a mask if they prefer.
Q: Can someone other than my child’s legal guardians pick them up?
A: We will only release your child to a parent, legal guardian or another adult that the parent/guardian has previously provided written authorization to pick up. If you wish to create or modify the list of persons authorized to pick up your child, please email .
Q: What if my family chooses to go on a vacation or travel?
A: If your child has been in a space with 20 or more people (including airplanes, trains and/or buses) AND, while there, they were within 6 feet of someone outside of your household (or Covid circle) for 15 minutes or longer, they will need to quarantine from the preschool for 10 days upon your return home.
Please also see our preschool safety page for additional information or email with any additional questions.