COVID-19 Protocols Summary
Last updated: October 20, 2021 @ 1p
Safety is a priority at Manchester United Methodist Church. This page contains the current Covid-19 protocols and guidance for Manchester UMC.
Any changes to church protocols or guidance will become effective once they appear on this page.
Self-screening is an act of love we do out of care and concern for each other. All persons must self-screen before entering a Manchester UMC building or attending in-person activities sponsored by Manchester UMC. In general, if you are ill, please stay home and recover.
COVID-19 Screening Questions:
- Have you received a positive COVID-19 test result within the last 10 days?
- Have you experienced COVID-19 symptoms within the last 10 days?
- Have you had a close contact (within 6 feet for 15 minutes or more over 24 hours) with someone who has COVID-19 within the last 10 days?
If your answer is “NO” to ALL of screening questions above, you may enter the building and participate.
If your answer is “YES” to ANY of the above questions, you may NOT enter a church building or attend in-person activities, UNLESS AT LEAST ONE of the below three statements applies to you:
- I am fully vaccinated; I have not tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 10 days; and I have not experienced symptoms of COVID-19 within the past 10 days.
- I received a negative COVID-19 test result at least 5 days AFTER my COVID-19 symptoms began.
- I received a negative COVID-19 test result at least 5 days AFTER having a close contact with someone who has COVID-19.
- Masks are required for all persons age 3 and older in the “public spaces” of the building. This includes Fellowship Hall, Sanctuary, hallways, stairwells, lobbies, multi-person restrooms, etc. Worship and event leaders may remove masks when they are speaking or singing.
- Masks are optional in “private spaces”, such as offices and meeting rooms, IF all who are present are fully vaccinated and have no COVID-19 symptoms. If someone has had a close contact with a person with COVID-19 within the past 10 days, they should wear a mask even if vaccinated for the safety of the group.
- Those who wish to keep their masks on for any reason should feel free to do so. Safe physical distancing is strongly encouraged, as well as thorough hand washing/sanitizing before and after meeting with another person.
- Masks are required for children ages 3 to 11 in “private spaces” such as classrooms.
- Persons may temporarily remove masks to eat or drink if they are fully vaccinated, under age 12, or have a medical condition that prevents vaccination. When not actively eating or drinking, masks should be put on again.
- Those who are not fully vaccinated may remove their masks when alone in an office or room with the door closed.
- Masks are optional outdoors and safe physical distancing is strongly encouraged.
Food and Beverage
- Food served in Fellowship Hall, Lobby, Room 141 and Old Fellowship Hall must be commercially prepared (e.g. catered, store bought, etc.). Food may not be homemade.
- Building kitchens may not be used for cooking or preparing food. Food may not be served in the kitchens. Building kitchens may be used for staging and plating of food. Event guests should not enter the kitchen.
- Food and beverage served in Fellowship Hall, Lobby, Room 141 and Old Fellowship Hall should be single serve pre-packaged/pre-plated items that a guest can pickup and go, OR, it must be served by a volunteer/caterer. Coffee pots and water dispensers may be utilized in Fellowship Hall, Lobby, Room 141 and Old Fellowship Hall if beverages are served by a volunteer/caterer. All food and beverage servers will wear masks and gloves.
- Disposable plates, cups and utensils should be used by all.
- Participants may bring food to meetings or groups held in “private space” for consumption during the meeting/group. No food may be left in the building after the meeting/group.
When using a room or space, please be sure to complete the following cleaning protocols before leaving:
- Clean/disinfect all tables and chairs and return them to where you found them (if moved). Most rooms have a bin with cleaner and towel. Please place dirty towels in basket by bin.
- Remove any food and beverages brought into the room or space.
- Remove any papers or supplies brought into the room or space.
- Turn off lights and close doors.
If you have questions, or need assistance, please contact Sherri Estes at 636.200.4723.
Check out these related websites: