For more than 53 years, Circle of Friends Preschool has been helping children and their families enjoy a great start to life-long learning. The physical, emotional and social health of children, families and staff is a priority of Circle of Friends Preschool. With this in mind, we follow enhanced safety practices as recommended by the CDC as well as local health officials and church leadership. Due to the evolving nature of this pandemic, we ask for your flexibility, support and grace as our protocols and calendar are subject to change.
What You Can Expect:
We are committed to being open and transparent about the safety protocols to help ensure we are all on the same page and so that you can feel comfortable with the steps we are taking to help create a safe learning environment for your child. If the situation changes, you will receive more information. In the meantime, below is a summary of the safety protocols at Circle of Friends Preschool:
- Daily health screenings for all preschool staff.
- Frequent hand washing for all preschool staff and children.
- Frequent cleaning and disinfecting of high-touch surfaces in the preschool.
- Preschool rooms thoroughly cleaned and disinfected after each school day.
- Seating in preschool rooms will be spaced out as much as possible.
- In the event that a child or staff member tests positive for COVID-19, that person will need to quarantine between 5 to 10 calendar days depending on symptoms.
- Masks are optional, but recommended, for all preschool families and staff. If you would like your child to be masked while in our care, we are happy to help. Masks are available to anyone who desires one.
- Persons who have been diagnosed with COVID-19 within the past 10 days; OR who are showing symptoms of COVID-19 within the past 10 days; OR who have had a close contact with a person with COVID-19 within the past 10 days, will wear a well-fitting mask when around other persons (regardless of vaccination status).
- If a confirmed case of COVID-19 occurs, the affected room(s) will be disinfected.
- Parents will be notified of any confirmed cases of COVID-19 in their child’s classroom. If the classroom needs to close, parents will be notified when their child’s classroom is expected to re-open.
- Parents will be notified as quickly as possible about changes to our safety protocols, schedules or policies based on future conditions, circumstances and health official recommendations and requirements.
How You Can Help
Your family plays a critical role in helping ensure the health and safety of all children and staff at Circle of Friends Preschool. In order for this to be a successful year for all, we need the support and cooperation of parents, guardians, grandparents, children, siblings, etc.
As always, if your child is sick in any way, please keep them home for the safety of our entire community.
COVID-19 Self-Screening (Required)
All persons must self-screen BEFORE entering a Manchester UMC building or attending in-person activities sponsored by Manchester UMC or Circle of Friends Preschool. Self-screening is an act of love we do out of care and concern for each other.
COVID-19 Screening Questions:
- Have you received a positive COVID-19 test result within the last 10 days?
- Have you experienced COVID-19 symptoms within the last 5 days?
- Have you had a “close contact” (within 6 feet for 15 minutes or more over 24 hours) with someone who has COVID-19 within the last 5 days?
If your answer is “NO” to ALL of above screening questions, you MAY ENTER a church building and attend in-person activities. If your answer is “YES” to ANY of the above questions, you may NOT ENTER a church building or attend in-person activities, UNLESS AT LEAST ONE of the below three statements ALSO applies to you:
- I am “up-to-date” on my vaccinations (including initial dose(s) PLUS a booster); AND I have not tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 5 days; AND I have not had a fever within the past 5 days.
- I received a positive COVID-19 test result 5 to 10 days ago; AND I have been fever free for the past 24 hours (without fever-reducing medication); AND my symptoms are improving or non-existent.
- I received a positive COVID-19 test result within the previous 90 days (but not the past 10 days); AND I have not had a fever within the past 5 days.
- Be prepared to immediately pickup your child if they become ill or display one or more symptoms of COVID-19 during the preschool day. If your work or other commitments might prevent you from being able to pick up your child personally, please make back-up plans now for someone else to assist you should that situation occur during the school year.
- Please show grace, patience and understanding with preschool staff and other families as we all adjust to a new way of being together as a preschool. We recognize that change can be uncomfortable, but these changes are designed to ensure we can provide the very best experience for your child and others during this pandemic.
- Please model an enthusiastic and positive attitude for your child when it comes to new preschool safety protocols. How we, as adults, react in the presence of children impacts their reactions, emotions and behaviors more than we often realize. The more positive you are, the more comforted and calm your child is likely to be while at the preschool.
- Recognize that this pandemic creates a fluid/changing environment and we will respond and adapt as necessary to comply with the recommendations and requirements of the CDC, local authorities and church leaders. Should that happen, we commit to keeping you well informed.
- Keep lines of communication open. If you have questions, suggestions or concerns, please contact me by phone or email. Our entire team wants to do everything possible to make preschool as smooth as possible and your feedback helps us know how things are going.
If you have any questions, suggestions or concerns, please do not hestitate to reach out.
Melanie Knipping, Director
Circle of Friends Preschool