Bridge Bread is a social entrepreneurship initiative designed to provide job opportunities for homeless/formerly homeless individuals. The goal is to help disadvantaged and marginalized people engage in a financially rewarding effort that enhances self-worth, promotes dignity, and enables the guests to help themselves.
Manchester UMC sells Bridge Bread before and after worship services on Saturdays and Sundays, with all proceeds returning to the bakers to help provide them a safe place to live and a bus pass each month.
Help Sell Bridge Bread
Bridge Bread is sold in the lobby between Saturday evening and Sunday morning services at Manchester UMC.
Volunteers are needed to:
- Pick up fresh-baked bread from the bakery on Saturday between 10a and noon, and deliver them to Manchester UMC between 1 and 3p on Saturdays.
- Sell bread on Saturday evenings (3:15-5:15p) and/or Sunday mornings (8:30a to 12:15p) between worship services at Manchester UMC.
Support Bridge Bread
Order your baked goods directly from Bridge Bread! Additional items can be ordered ahead of time and picked up at Manchester UMC during worship times. Below is an easy ordering link:
Upcoming Bridge Bread Promotions
- Starting April 15 & 16 – NEW ITEMS: 2 Turnovers (Apple & Cherry) and 3 Danish Flavors (Cheese-Strawberry-Apple)
- May 20 & 21 – Every person attending worship will receive a free package of Bridge Bread apple & chocolate scones when leaving worship. This special promotion is sponsored by the UMM ministry.
- September 16 & 17 – To celebrate Bridge Bread’s 12th Anniversary, every person attending worship will receive two free cookies when leaving worship. This special promotion is sponsored by the UMM ministry.
Information about Bridge Bread
May 3, 2022 – KMOV segment on Bridge Bread: “Local bakery hiring homeless workers says attempts to find housing has hit roadblocks, asking city and landlords for help” View KMOV Bridge Bread segment
For more information about Bridge Bread, contact the Director of Mission, Liz Shuburte.To