Altar flowers may be given in honor or memory of a special person or event. Flower arrangements are typically displayed in the Chancel area during worship. Donors are welcome to take the flowers home with them after the Sunday 11 a.m. worship service.
The altar flowers may be ordered for a date that is special for you.
There are two options for purchasing Altar Flowers:
- Full Altar Flowers Arrangement – $42 and request any color preference(s) or
- Single Rose with vase – $10 for any recognition (i.,e., Baptism, Birth of a child, Anniversary, Milestone, Special memory, etc.) or color preference(s).
Once your request has been submitted, then you will receive a confirmation email. You are able to pay by credit card or check.
If paying by check, please make payable to MUMC with “Altar Flowers” in the memo line and mail to Manchester UMC.
Altar flowers need to be requested at least a week in advance.
For questions or you need to alter your reservation, please email Rev. Mary Beth Hartenstein.
- January 15, 2023 – David Oldani, in memory of PFC Carl Davis
- January 22, 2023 – Dick Vreeland, in loving memory of Margaret (Peg) Vreeland
- February 26, 2023 – Gail Joyner, in memory of “Papa Chuck” Joyner. We are making you PROUD every day! Love you, Kaylee, Abby, Sophia, Jonathan, Alyssa, and Ryan.
- March 5, 2023 – Carol Roberts, in memory of her beloved sister, Joyce Large
- March 12, 2023 – Carol Roberts, in honor of the Glory of God
- March 19, 2023 – Anonymous, in honor of Manchester UMC’s amazing Choirs: Children’s Choirs, Special Choirs, Modern Worship, and Chancel Choir
- March 26, 2023 – Susan Sturhahn in memory of my beloved husband Roland (Bo) Sturhahn
- March 26, 2023 – Anonymous, in honor of Manchester UMC’s outstanding Music Directors: Kevin McBeth, Kiersten Rose and John Cargile
- April 16, 2023 – Mark & Amy Folkins, in honor of Larry & Georgeanne Folkins’ 65th wedding anniversary
- May 7, 2023 – Janis Thompson, in loving memory of my brother, Phil Thompson.
- May 28, 2023 – David Oldani, in memory of PFC Charles Oldani, Tech 4 Henry Oldani, and PFC Carl Davis.
- July 2, 2023 – Sheri Berger and Ron Halane in memory of their parents, Orvid and Athie Halane
- July 2, 2023 – David Oldani, in memory of PFC Charles Oldani
- July 30, 2023 – Carolyn Va De Riet, for the baptism of Eleanor Jean Van de Riet and in memory of Rita and David Keeton, and Richard Van de Riet
- August 27, 2023 – In honor of their 53rd wedding anniversary, Bertha and Don Erhardt