The Sermon Reflection Study provides an opportunity to know God more deeply through intentional faith development and connection to community.
The Sermon Reflection Study is produced in-house, every week, based on the sermon for the week. There are many different groups that meet throughout the week. They are open to everyone with no homework required. You can join a Sermon Reflection Study anytime or use this curriculum as a guide for personal devotion.
Our Sermon Reflection Studies are produced in-house at Manchester UMC by the Associate Pastor of Adult Faith Formation.
Weekly participant guide
Easter People, Let Us Sing!
April 9 - May 21
To download the weekly Sermon Reflection Study, please click on the following dates:
- Week of April 9 (Coming Soon!)
Join a Group
Below are a list of groups that you can join, and offered Sunday through Wednesday at different times.
Some groups meet for just a series. Some have been meeting for months.
Group hopping is allowed and encouraged! So, please join us on Zoom and connect for some great discussions!
All are welcome!!
9:00 a.m. – Mary Beth Harper
Format: Hybrid (In-Person & Virtual)
Room 222 | Manchester UMC
Zoom Meeting ID: 225 180 622
9:00 a.m. – Dave Bartsokas
Room 221 | Manchester UMC
6:00 p.m. – Becky Strickland
Zoom Meeting ID: 262 229 133
10:00 a.m. – Rev. Nancye Dunlap
Zoom Meeting ID: 297 417 694
1:30 p.m. – Rev. Winter Hamilton
Zoom Meeting ID: 882 0283 2336
4:45 p.m. – Rev. Andy Bryan & Rev. Winter Hamilton
Room 223 | Manchester UMC
Upcoming Sermon Reflection Studies
- Charles in Charge: The Hymns of Charles Wesley (June 4 – June 25)
- July 2 & 9 are one offs
- Justice is Social (July 16 – July 30)
- Walk Where Jesus Walked (August 6 – August 20)
- August 27 & September 3 are one offs
- September 10 is Homecoming!
- She Blinded Me with Science (September 17 – October 1)
- The Rhythm of Life (ALL CHURCH STUDY) (October 8 – October 29)
- Revolutions (November 5 – November 26)
Helpful Tips to participate on-line (Zoom)
Everyone is welcome to participate in any of these online classes or groups. The classes and groups are meeting through a free website/app called ZOOM. You can use your phone, tablet or personal computer. If you are connecting from your computer, you will just go to the website. If you are using your smartphone or tablet, you will need to download the ZOOM app (it’s free).
It’s easy! Follow these step by step instructions:
1. Go to Zoom.com, a few minutes before your study begins.
2. Click the button in the upper right corner that says “JOIN A MEETING”.
3. Enter the Zoom Meeting ID that is listed above.
4. Enter the Zoom Required Password and enjoy the group!
Once you’ve connected, have others help you learn to use your mute function, find how to show and hide your video, and explore the different ways you can view group members.
Historical Weekly Sermon Reflection Study Guides
If you are interested in viewing previous weekly Sermon Reflection Study Guides from previous sermon series, please click here.
For questions or assistance, please email Tiffany Conway.