Become A New Member
If you’ve decided to make Manchester UMC your church home, we celebrate that decision and invite you to join thousands of others in becoming a member of the church.
We believe it’s important and helpful for new members to have a common understanding of our beliefs, history, culture, practices and expectations. For this reason, we have identified a path to membership to help your journey.
Path to Membership
- Complete online New Member Registration Form
- Complete online Spiritual Gifts Tool before you attend New Member Class
- Attend New Member Class and meet with a Faith Coach.
- Be baptized and make a profession of faith (if you have not already done this at some point in your lifetime)
- Take the vows of membership during a weekend worship service
Vows of Membership
Membership vows are important because they give us an outline for our common work of Christian discipleship. Within The United Methodist Church, members make a covenant (promise) to do the following:
- To renounce the spiritual forces of wickedness, reject the evil powers of the world, and repent of your sin;
- To accept the freedom and power God gives you to resist evil, injustice, and oppression;
- To confess Jesus Christ as Savior, put your whole trust in his grace, and promise to serve him as your Lord;
- To remain faithful members of Christ’s holy church and serve as Christ’s representatives in the world;
- To be loyal to Christ through The United Methodist Church and do all in your power to strengthen its ministries;
- To faithfully participate in its ministries by your prayers, your presence, your gifts, your service, and your witness;
- To receive and profess the Christian faith as contained in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments.
Once you’ve completed our New Member Class, you’ll be invited to take the vows of membership during a weekend worship service. Learn more about the membership vows of The United Methodist Church.
New Member Class
We offer New Member Classes throughout the year. Facilitated by our pastors, you’ll find this experience to be relaxed, welcoming and rewarding as you learn more about our history, values and beliefs, as well as opportunities to grow, serve and connect. You’ll also have an opportunity to ask any questions you might have. A light lunch is provided. Complimentary childcare is provided with advance reservation.
Location: Room 141 | Manchester United Methodist Church
Leaders: Rev. Andy Bryan and Rev. Jim Peich
New Member Class
|Take Vows in Worship|
Tues, Sept. 15
September 19 or 20
Sun, Nov. 8
November 14 or 15
*For the upcoming Tuesday, September 15 new member class, we will determine if we will be meeting in person or Zoom when we get closer to this date. Please register by Sunday, September 6 for the September New Member Class.
New Member Registration Form
The New Member Registration Form helps us to learn more about you and your faith journey and also registers you for an upcoming New Member Class.
IMPORTANT: Please complete one online form per attendee. The form has two parts/pages.
For more information or to register for an upcoming New Member Class, please contact Tiffany Conway.