Everyone deserves a safe home of their own. HomeFirst STL helps people transition out of homelessness and into a hope-filled future.
When people lack the support and money to stay housed long-term, these individuals feel discouraged and alone. But HomeFirst STL works with these individuals and has changed lives by providing housing that is safe, stable, and in a supportive environment.
The first step to helping someone transition out of homeless is not to get them a job. It’s to get them a home.
Since 2011, HomeFirst STL has helped their residents:
- Rebuild relationships with family members.
- Advance their education.
- Meet vocational training goals.
- Get connected to community resources, such as job training, legal support, and budgeting assistance.
- Find meaningful employment and reach self-sufficiency.
- Stop being defined by their past and regain their dignity and self-worth.
- Shift their focus from day-to-day survival toward a hope-filled future.
For more information about HomeFirst, please contact the Director of Missions, Liz Shuburte.
Check out these websites: