Market for Missions
June 7-8, 2019
Find bargains galore at a sale so large you can fit 25 garages! You not only get great merchandise at a great price, you get the good feeling knowing that all your purchases will make a difference in someone’s life. All proceeds benefit missions.
The Market for Missions garage sale has new and used items in the following departments: Antiques & Collectibles, Baby Equipment, Books & Media, Children’s Clothing, Crafts, Electronics, Fabric, Furniture, Holiday Decorations, Housewares, Jewelry, Linens, Men’s Clothing, Pictures and Wall Décor, Sporting Goods, Tableware, Tools, Toys, Women’s Clothing & Accessories
We need your help to make this sale a success for the community and for the missions that will benefit.
- Sunday June 2, 12pm – 3pm – set-up begins, receiving and sorting of donations begins
- Monday June 3 – Wednesday June 5, 8 am – 6 pm – receive, sort, price
- Thursday June 6, 8 am–4 pm – sort, price, final preparations
- Friday June 7, 7 am – 3 pm – first sale day, assist shoppers
- Saturday June 8, 7am – 12 pm- second sale day, assist shoppers
- Saturday June 8, 12 pm – finish – pack up remaining items for charity pick-up, break-down and put away, reset rooms
Anyone can donate new and like new items for the sale! Donations will be accepted at the North Entrance of the church only on these dates/times:
- Sunday, June 2: Noon to 3 p.m.
- Monday, June 3: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 4: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 5: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
We cannot accept: mattresses, bed pillows, computer components (other than working laptops), TVs, stereo components (including speakers), non-working items, entertainment centers, large desks, large sporting and exercise equipment, Christmas trees, drapery rods, large kitchen appliances, clothing that is torn or stained, outdated baby equipment, damaged or dirty items. If they don’t sell, then it is difficult to dispose of them. There will be no home pick-ups and no early donations. Donations will only be accepted through Wed, June 5 at 6 p.m. Questions about your item, please email Genny Schumacher.
- Friday, June 7: 7 a.m. to 8 a.m.: $5 Early Bird Shopping entry fee
- Friday, June 7: 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. (no fee)
- Saturday, June 8: 7 a.m. to Noon: All items are half price, except collectibles and boutique. Plastic grocery bags can be filled with soft goods from linens, men’s, women’s and children’s clothing for $5/bag.
Market for Missions benefits Manchester UMC Mission Ministries. For more information, email Genny Schumacher.Share this: