Many of us have experienced grief ourselves, but how do we talk to our family about this? There are many different resources out there but here is a comprehensive list all in one place to help get you started. Education…it is so important! YOU can help by raising loving, inclusive children that speak out and support all of God’s amazing children. Here are some resources that may help on your personal and family journey.
We often times read books on this subject during “Storytime with Chessey” through the Children and Family Ministries Facebook group. All are welcome to join us through this Facebook group and listen/watch these stories together as a family.
Here are some children’s books on this topic:
- The Invisible String by Patrice Karst
- The Goodbye Book by Todd Parr
- Water Bugs and Dragonflies – Explaining Death to Young Children by Doris Stickner
- Talking with Kids About Suicide – Psychology Today
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
If you have any questions about the items posted above, please feel free to reach out to Chessey Brenton, Director of Children and Family Ministries.