The Manchester United Methodist Church Cemetery, John Wesley Ward Memorial Wall, and the MUMC Columbarium were established for the purpose of providing an appropriate and dignified final resting place for members or those having a relationship with MUMC or any other United Methodist Church. This includes parents, siblings or children of the deceased. They are not open to the public.
The property for the cemetery was deeded to the Methodist Episcopal Church of Manchester, Missouri in 1880. However, the first recorded burial was that of Joseph Harrison, August 9, 1852.
All of the plantings in the Cemetery and the Memorial Garden have been given in memory of loved ones. No additional plantings are accepted without the approval of the Cemetery Committee. Memorial services are to be scheduled and planned by the family with the MUMC clergy.Share this: